What you need:
1 x 2lb Madeira Loaf
50g/2oz Shamrock Flaked Almonds
125g/4oz Dark Chocolate
250g tub Mascarpone
50g/2oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
450ml/¾ pint Double Cream
150ml/¼ pint Strong Black Coffee
4 tablespoons Tia Maria
Icing Sugar, to dust
200g/7oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
25g/1oz Shamrock Ground Almonds
3 tablespoons Water
1. Make Madeira using All-in-One Method. Put all the ingredients for the Madeira into a bowl and beat until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2lb loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven 170°C/325°F/Gas 3 for 40 to 45 minutes approx. Cool on a wire tray.
2. Toast the flaked almonds in a dry pan or under the grill, watching carefully as nuts can burn easily.
3. Chop chocolate and mix with the cooled almonds. Keep about 2 tablespoons of this mixture for decoration.
4. Beat the mascarpone until softened, then beat in the sugar. Whip 300ml/½pt of the cream until it just holds its shape, then fold into the mascarpone.
5. Mix coffee and Tia Maria together in a jug.
6. Cut the cake into 15 slices. Line a 1.4lt/2½pt pudding bowl with cling film. Line the base with a few pieces of cake, then sprinkle over a little of the coffee mixture to moisten. Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone and chocolate and almond mixture. Smooth the top.
7. Do two more layers, adding a little more coffee, mascarpone and chocolate and almond mixture to each layer. Finish with a layer of madeira, moistened with the remaining coffee mixture.
8. Cover the top of the dessert with cling film and chill for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
9. To finish remove the cling film covering and turn the bowl over on a serving plate. Peel off the cling film and cover bombe with the remaining whipped cream. Scatter over the reserved chocolate and almonds and lightly dust with icing sugar.